Murray discusses the latest trend in banking as an online service with a prepaid debit card for transactions. We like to explain how our FREE checking trumps prepaid debit cards when it comes to fees and services. And we think our FREE checking is better than the bank's checkless checking accounts.
Here are some questions she suggests you ask if you're considering a checkless account and our answers:
- Can I physically deposit checks or cash to my account at ATMs or in branches?
- Are there fees to make deposits?
- Can I pay bills or send checks to individuals online?
- If I set up bill to paid at a future date, when will the money be deducted from my account?
- Bills paid using our online bill pay are deducted from your checking account when the bill is paid or the date you choose to remit payment.
- Can the account be overdrawn?
- Yes. You may qualify for Member Courtesy.
- Do I get a monthly statement?
- Will you check my overdraft record with ChexSystems before approving me?
- Yes. But if you are listed with ChexSystems then consider using our Second Chance Checking.
- Is there a daily limit on ATM withdrawals or purchases?
- No. Click here for ATM details.