Thursday, December 22, 2011
Nottingham is a large, accommodating home that has been renovated to address the special needs of older residents. This program is part of an ongoing effort to create a continuum of opportunities for people with developmental disabilities to encourage integration into the community.
Click here or go to EatonFamilyCU.com/Charitable.php for pictures and learn more.
Friday, December 09, 2011
Monday, November 21, 2011
- Winner: Smaller institutions.
- We agree. Our goal is the same as the banks: maximize shareholder value...the difference is that you're the shareholder at Eaton Family Credit Union, so that's why we strive for lower fees, higher interest earned and lower interest charged on loans.
- Winner: Big banks.
- We disagree. Eaton Family Credit Union owner/members have access to thousands of surcharge-free ATMs nationwide. In Ohio, Midwest and Western states through the MoneyPass network featuring U.S. Bank. Plus credit union partners nationwide through the AllianceOne network.
- Click here to see our ATM options and let us know what you think.
- Winner: Big banks.
- We disagree. Shared branching is the best example of the cooperative nature of credit unions. With 4,000+ shared branch credit unions you can deposit funds, get cash and make loan payments near home or work for just about everyone. And not just in metropolitan areas!
- Click here to find a shared branch near you.
- So far Eaton Family Credit Union owner/members have used shared branch partners in 36 states.
- Winner. Smaller institutions.
- Heck yeah.
- Winner: Smaller institutions.
- Yep, that financial cooperative thingeedoo does make a difference because we work for you.
- Winner: Big banks.
- Well, Mr. Karp, that wealthy crack doesn't really make it with us, because at Eaton Family Credit Union all accounts are insured up to $500,000.
- Yes, we cannot compete on some business banking services but smaller enterprises appreciate us too.
- Winner: Big banks.
- Winner: Rates.
Wednesday, November 02, 2011
- Grand Prize - 2012 Chevy Cruze LTZ (Estimated retail value of nearly $28,000)
- First Place - Sprint wireless package, including a tablet, smartphone and gift card (Estimated retail value of $5,000)
- Second Place - $1,500 gift card to spend at Shop America
Wednesday, October 26, 2011
Participants donated $5 for the opportunity to win a gift certificate to area restaurants. The fundraiser was culminated during the week of International Credit Union Day.
Mike Losneck, President, Eaton Family Credit Union said, “We have very generous friends in our area. I would like to thank everyone who participated plus Spirit Media WELW 1330 AM, ValPak and Vittorio’s for their generous gift certificate donations.”
Find a Food Bank at FeedingAmerica.org
Monday, October 03, 2011
Monday, September 26, 2011
Click here to read the entire article.
Ms. Block makes the following points about the current status of checking accounts:
- Only 45% of non-interest bank checking accounts are free and the average monthly fee is $4.37.
- Eaton Family Credit Union does not charge for non-interest nor interest-bearing checking accounts.
- The average rate for an interest-bearing checking account is 0.08%.
- Eaton Family Credit Union Advantage Checking earns 0.10% with a $1,000 balance and 0.30% with a $1,500 balance.
Wednesday, September 14, 2011
Click here to read the entire article.
Mr. van Doorn answers his question, "No, but it doesn't matter." Further in the article he mentions the National Credit Union Administration, NCUA, the credit union federal insurance fund.
- At Eaton Family Credit Union, your savings are insured to at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith of the United States Government by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), a U.S. Government Agency.
- In addition, Eaton Family Credit Union accounts are privately insured to $250,000 by Excess Share Insurance (ESI), a division of American Share Insurance.
Click here to read the entire article from The Silicon Valley Mercury News.
The article states, "Secured (credit) cards are a good steppingstone for credit-challenged consumers."
The writer proposes key questions...here are our answers:
- How much do you need to deposit? At least $250 but you can deposit as much as you want. Most Eaton Family Credit Union Secured Visa Cardholders have from $500 to $1,000 on deposit to "secure" their credit card.
- Where can you get a secured credit card? From Eaton Family Credit Union.
- What fees will there be? There is no annual fee for any of our credit cards. Click here to learn about other fees.
- Does the issuer report to all three major credit bureaus? Yes, we do.
- How long will it take to qualify for an unsecured card? For members with no credit, it might at least six months of consistent, on-time payments. For credit challenged members, well, it's up to you. We will help you determine concerns on your credit report, but it is up to you to clean it up.
Click here to learn more about our credit cards.
Click here to apply for our credit card.
Monday, August 15, 2011
- Overdraft = $25
- Cashier's Check = $2
- Other bank's ATM = $0 for the first 8 transactions with $1,000 savings or direct deposit then $2 per transaction thereafter
- Stop Payment = $25
- Wire Transfer = $17
- Lost ATM Card = $0 for the first then $15 thereafter
- Returned Deposit = $15
Friday, July 29, 2011
Eaton Family Credit Union is proud to be part of a network of 270 credit unions across the country supporting U.S. troops by collecting used cell phones. Funds from the donated phones are then used to purchase prepaid calling cards that are distributed to soldiers.
In conjunction with General Motors and Invest In America, a credit union advocacy program by CU Solutions Group in Livonia, MI, Eaton Family Credit Union’s Euclid office has a drop box for used and unwanted cell phones. Each credit union office will also distribute postage paid mailing labels so anyone can send in their phones.
Started by Robbie and Brittany Berquist of Norwell, MA, in 2004, Cell Phones for Soldiers is a non-profit that provides prepaid calling cards to soldiers serving overseas with the money raised from cell phone donations. The donated phones are sent to ReCellular, which pays Cell Phones for Soldiers for each phone.
Go to http://bit.ly/prvElw for a shipping label
Go to http://bit.ly/ou105k to see more from Robbie and Brittany
Wednesday, July 06, 2011
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
- Fill out a police report with your local police department.
- Contact us or call 800-264-5578 anytime to discuss debit card fraud concerns.
Thursday, May 26, 2011
Once again Eaton Family Credit Union doubled the previous year’s donation for the American Cancer Society Relay For Life held on May 13 – 14, 2011 at Euclid High School by raising more than $2,500.To augment their usual fundraising efforts, Eaton Family Credit Union partnered in a drawing for a Craftsman Lawn Mower with Sears Hardware in Willoughby Hills.
Images and more information available at www.EatonFamilyCU.com/RelayForLife.php
Monday, May 23, 2011
Money Rocks at My Credit Union was the theme for this year’s national credit union youth week. Last Friday,
Mike Losneck, President, Eaton Family Credit Union said, “
Friday, May 06, 2011
Eaton Family Credit Union is very proud to announce that Aaron DeAngelis from Euclid High School, Byren Malone from Euclid High School and Jaclyn Noonan from Willoughby South High School have each been awarded $1,000 college scholarships.
Click here to read more and see photos.
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
- Non-branded ATM-only card = $0.00* vs. $10 annually from PNC Bank
- MasterMoney Debit Card = $0.00* vs. $3.95 monthly from 5/3 Bank
- Checking Account = $0.00 with no minimum or monthly average vs. $20 monthly from CitiBank and $9 monthly from Bank of America
- Inactivity Fee = $5.00 annually - accounts with no transactions in 24 months vs. $5 monthly from Key Bank
Thursday, April 07, 2011
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Thursday, March 17, 2011
Participating credit unions were Port Conneaut FCU, LCE FCU, ACME FCU, L.E.O CU, Eaton Family CU, Cardinal Community CU, Lake County Educational CU and Lakeview FCU. Port Conneaut FCU won the coveted Golden Pin trophy for donating the most money.
The Northeast Chapter of the Ohio Credit Union League appreciates the support of the following sponsors: CUNA Mutual Group, OCUL Services Corporation, CU-Centric, e-Choice Solutions, VFW Post 7754 Fairport Harbor, Amos Insurance & Financial Services, edoc Innovations, The Iarocci Law Firm, Lillie & Company, Inc., MAI Services Corporation, R.C. Olmstead, Weltman, Weinberg, & Reis, Randy Trice Chiropractic, Chester’s Legacy Tavern and Scores Fun Center.
Click here for a photo of Jim Furman, CEO, Port Conneaut FCU holding the Golden Pin.
Sunday, March 13, 2011
She starts, "The things we carry could cause us a lot of grief if a thief got hold of them - which is why most of us panic when we lose a driver's license, keys or a stuffed wallet."
Click here to read then entire article.
She continues to list specific items and the ways to proceed if lost:
- Driver's License
- Insurance Card
- ATM or Debit Card
- College ID Card
- Credit Card
- Library Card
- Rewards or Check Cashing Card
For only $2.50 per month Eaton Family Credit Members can Prevent, Detect and Resolve Identity Theft.
- Payment Card Protection - protect all your credit, debit, ATM and check cards.
- CardPatrol - real-time, early warning system.
- MyIDMatters - news and information about fraud and identity theft.
- Fraud Assistance - a team to assist you if you become a victim of ID theft.
Click here for more information.
Friday, March 11, 2011
- Reduce its full-time employee count by 18 people, an effective reduction of 11 percent. This assumes $4.5 million assets per employee and $65,000 in salary and benefit costs per employee. Or …
- Lower its rate on deposit accounts by 16 basis points, or …
- Impose a $6.08 per month fee on checking accounts with balances below $1,000. This assumes that 60 percent of checking accounts have balances of less than $1,000. Or …
- Impose a monthly fee of $3.65 per debit card.
Monday, March 07, 2011
- EFCU Mobile - view your account balance, transfer funds and see transaction history via text, mobile web or iPhone app. Click here for more information. Click here to see more information on our YouTube channel
- Home Banking - with the most up-to-date mobile browser you might be able to use our Home Banking for all connected accounts: view balances, transfer funds and see transaction history. Click here for more information and remember to bookmark: http://bit.ly/EFCUonline
Friday, February 18, 2011
Tuesday, February 01, 2011
Eaton Family Credit Union donated a Nintendo Wii console and controllers to the Euclid Senior Programs housed at the City of Euclid’s Lakefront Community Center yesterday.
Mike Losneck, President, Eaton Family Credit Union said, “This is great facility, but they need more to do.” He continued, “Now we need to raise some money to get them a bigger television.”
Kathy Will, Program Manager, Euclid Senior Programs commented, “It’s been a cold and snowy winter. So now is a great time to get the seniors moving…we’re going to start a Wii bowling league right away.”
Go to www.cityofeuclid.com/seniors for more information on Euclid Senior Programs
Photos are available at www.EatonFamilyCU.com/EuclidSeniorPrograms.php
Monday, January 31, 2011
The article starts with a question from C.M. from Berea
- The Question: In your Jan. 1 column, you said you were against debit cards. I was wondering if you could explain your reasoning.
- The Answer: For those who haven't read my rants over the years about debit cards that are connected to a person's primary checking account, here's why I think they're horrible...
- Click here to read the whole article.
1. How can you make sure my account doesn't get hit by fraud or a billing error that drains money intended to cover a check I already wrote or an automatic payment already scheduled?
- Eaton Family Credit Union members are the first line of defense against fraud by limiting with whom they share their personal information and account details.
- Eaton Family Credit Union limits the amount of money that debit card users can spend within a 24-hour period. Our members can request an increase or decrease in their spending limit.
- Eaton Family Credit Union employees verify transactions that cause an account to go negative. To the best of our ability we follow-up on out of the ordinary transactional patterns.
2. If my checking is affected by a debit card fraud or a billing error, and other payments bounce, how will those overdraft fees be handled?
- We want to stay in communication with our membership about fees charged to their account(s). This is especially true for fees we charge related to debit card transactions including fraud, billing error and bounced checks.
3. How can you make sure that resolving problems like those I've described won't require me to make numerous phone call and cost me tons of time and aggravation?
- We're owned by the Eaton Family Credit Union members...we work for our membership and work with our membership to solve problems. Frankly, compared to our competition, we are a relatively small organization.
- Eaton Family Credit Union staff is empowered to make decisions quickly. And all staff is encouraged to engage their supervisors to address member concerns quickly and fairly.
- We are local. We try to be accessible face-to-face, by phone or via electronic communication.
Thursday, January 06, 2011
Eaton Family Credit Union’s winter fundraiser resulted in a total of $1,500 for the
Mike Losneck, President, Eaton Family Credit Union said, “This was one of our best community fundraisers ever.” He continued, “We’re able to give a lot of money to
During much of the fourth quarter Eaton Family Credit Union accepted $5.00 donations for a ticket to win a Craftsman Snow Blower donated by Sears Hardware on
See photos at www.EatonFamilyCU.com/Snowblower.php